- What personally identifiable information is collected from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information We Collect Directly From You
The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. To sign up for our newsletter or to create an account, you must provide your email address. If you make a purchase, you may provide your first and last name, billing address, and shipping address. We also may collect your order history and payment card information (including card number, expiration date and CVV).
Categories of Personal Data Automatically Collected
The types of data we collect automatically, as defined in the “How We Collect Data Section” of this policy include:
- Functional – enables enhanced functionality, such as videos and live chat. If you do not allow these, then some or all of these functions may not work properly.
- Analytics – Provide statistical information on site usage, e.g., web analytics so we can improve this website over time.
- Targeting; Advertising – used to create profiles or personalize content to enhance your shopping experience.
- Essential – Essential for the site and any requested services to work, but do not perform any additional or secondary function.
How We Collect Data
We collect information in a variety of ways to facilitate our services and improve your shopping experience. This can include, but is not limited to, direct entry via forms, download through other websites that you connect us to (such as when logging in via Facebook), tracking codes such as cookies and pixel tags that save or track information about app usage, and automatically sent information such as IP address and device IDs.
“Cookies” are small text files that websites place on your device as you are browsing. They are processed and stored by your web browser. Aѕ уоu vіѕіt our Website, thе site uses сооkіеѕ to differentiate уоu frоm оthеr сuѕtоmеrѕ. Cооkіеѕ, in conjunction with оur wеb ѕеrvеr’ѕ log files, аllоw us to саlсulаtе thе aggregate number оf people vіѕіtіng our Web ѕіtе and which раrtѕ оf thе ѕіtе are most popular. This helps us gather feedback in order to constantly improve оur Website and better serve our сuѕtоmеrѕ.
Types of Cookies:
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies help provide you with a more personal and interactive experience and expire once you close your web browser.
- Third-Party Cookies. These are the cookies that are placed on your device, not by the website you are visiting, but by a third party like an advertiser or an analytic system. We use third-party cookies to track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad.
Consent and the Right to Opt-Out
By accepting all cookies, you provide us with consent to collect personal information.
At any time, you can opt out of the collection of personal information for any one or all of the mentioned categories, except for Essential, by managing your “Website Data Collection Preferences” in the bottom left corner of the Website.
By using this site, you rерrеѕеnt thаt уоu are at lеаѕt thе аgе оf 21. If you are not, you are not authorized to use this site.
Purposes for Collecting and Using Personal Information
Generally, we may use the above categories of personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you and to fulfill your orders.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- To send you email marketing about our products and services.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To send you email marketing about products and services of our affiliated entities.
- To assist us in advertising on third-party websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third-party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information.
- To conduct internal analysis of outreach and marketing efforts, as well as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where it is in our legitimate interests, including our commercial interests in operating the Vona customer facing platform. We make sure that we consider and balance any potential negative impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data.
- We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance Vona Services. Vona reserves the right to use Anonymous data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
- We may share your hashed Device ID, Profile Information, Distance Information and demographic information with our advertising and analytics partners.
Control over Information
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you. You have:
- The right to request deletion of your personal information that we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions, and to have such personal information deleted, except where necessary that we maintain such personal information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
- The right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
- The right against discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. Unless permitted, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can resultin different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
If we offer any financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of their personal information, you have the right to be notified of any financial incentives offers and their material terms, the right not be included in such offers without prior informed opt-in consent, and the right to be able to opt-out of such offers at any time. We may not offer unjust, unreasonable, coercive or usurious financial incentives. We do not offer any incentives at this time.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Vona correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Vona to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Vona restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object processing – You have the right to object Vona’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Vona transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact information provided below. If you make a request, we will deliver the information to you within a month.
Vona is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or by looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is entirely secure, however. Therefore, while Vona uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, Vona cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Types of Data We Collect.
Personal Data. “Personal Data” is data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, geo-location data, device identifier as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” is data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data.
Profile. We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your photo, display name, status, relationship status, ethnicity, age or date of birth, geo-location data, email address, password for Vona Services, and any other information you voluntarily add to your profile on the Vona Website or is generated by your use of Vona Services (“Profile Information”).
Account Information. We may require you to provide an email address and password to use all features of Vona Services (“Account Information”). You may change the email address and password associated with the account according to the methods provided by Vona Services.
Feedback/Support. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail (e.g., for support), we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. If you contact us for support, we may also collect and retain certain technical diagnostic data, e.g., your phone model.
Mailing List. If you provide us your email address for inclusion in our mailing lists, we will collect your email address. We may email you Vona news, Vona Services updates, the latest information on products and services, and third-party offers that apply to you. You may opt out of such third-party emails at the time of registration, or you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive. You may not opt out of emails related to the operation of Vona Services as this may be necessary for the normal operation of Vona Services such as password recovery.
Purchases. If you purchase a product from us, we (or our third-party service provider) will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information, address, telephone number, and email address. If we use a third-party service provider, the service provider may provide certain information back to us (e.g., your name, phone number, partial credit card number, and email address). Vona does not receive or process credit card information directly.
Partner Promotion. We may collect information you voluntarily provide when you enter into a Partner Promotion, as described below in the “Data Sharing” section.
Device Information. We will collect an ID that is unique to the device on which you use the Vona Website (“Device ID” and “Device”, respectively). We may create a hashed version of your Device ID and use your hashed Device ID to log you into your Vona account. We may store your Device ID and/or your hashed Device ID with other information we collect about you, including your Profile Information and your instant message information. We will collect certain software and hardware information about your Device.
Distance Information. When you use the Vona Website, we will collect your location to determine your distance from other users (“Distance Information”) through the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your Device (e.g., iPhone, BlackBerry, iPad, iPod Touch or Android device). Your last known location is stored on our servers for the purpose of calculating Distance Information between you and other users.
Other. We may also collect Personal Data at other points on the Vona Website that state that Personal Data is being collected. Vona will retain Profile Information and your posts to the Website or on our servers, for as long as needed to provide Vona Services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Business Purpose. We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
As a general rule, we do not sell any information we collect from you. We will not disclose any of your Personal Information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under circumstances described in this Policy.
We will share some of the information we collect from you with vendors and other service providers who work with us to support the internal operations of our website and/or mobile application.
Our third-party ad tracking and analytics company never sends emails, notifications, or other communications to our end users. Certain third-party ad tracking and analytics allows you to opt out third-party tracking and analytics.
The categories of third parties we share personal information with include:
- Service providers – We may rely on service providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Site. We may also rely on service providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of our Site and Services, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Advertisers, Social media companies, and Internet cookie information recipients, like Google. We use Google Analytics and Facebook pixels to collect first-party audience data such as age, gender, and interests to better understand the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and Facebook to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies). Our advertising partners also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. These companies also use your basic information to build a profile based on your personal information, such as age and interests, and use it to advertise to others with similar interests to you. You may review the privacy policies for Google and Facebook at: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/, and http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ and https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
Partner Promotion. We may disclose information you voluntarily provide when you enter into a Partner Promotion, as described below. We may offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions with our third-party partners from time to time (“Partner Promotion”). If additional or different privacy practices govern a Partner Promotion, then we will present you the additional or different terms prior to your entering the Partner Promotion, and such terms will apply to how we collect, use and disclose the information you provide through the Partner Promotion.
Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), Vona may disclose Personal Data in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws; to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law.
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
Questions and Contact Information
If уоu would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer аt email@example.com.